Thursday, July 15, 2010
Coupons are the best
Made a Rite Aid haul today!! It's really bad... I've been hauling like a maniac this week. ): I think it's because I'm stuck in the house with nothing better to do, so I end up going stircrazy and buying things. x.x Terrible.
Since I've been planning this Rite Aid haul for weeks, though, I figured I'd just go ahead and indulge... Especially since I already had all my coupons printed and cut out and everything.
Speaking of which, if you've never tried Rite Aid Video Values, you are definitely missing out. They have amazing deals every month, and the coupons last forever (by which I mean two months). And the best part? You can STACK THEM.
I never even knew that was possible before Recessionista started posting about it. I'm so glad she did, because buying a bunch of stuff and not paying retail? Is a pretty amazing feeling.
So anyway, the following is a record of my first foray into the thrilling world of mass coupon usage.
I got six things:
- Wet 'n' Wild Mega Eyes Creme Eyeliner in 886 Black
- Wet 'n' Wild Ultimate Brow Kit in 963 Ash Brown
- Wet 'n' Wild Mega Liner in 863 Turquoise
- Wet 'n' Wild coloricon in 254B Lagoon
- Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Medium 0-1 Sand
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in 025 Pink Please
And here are the coupons I used
- $5 off $20 purchase from Rite Aid Video Values (RAVV)
- $1 off $10 cosmetics purchase from RAVV
- $3 off $10 WnW purchase from RAVV
- $1 off any Maybelline Color Sensational lip product from RAVV
- $2 off any Maybelline foundation from the Maybelline Salsa Sun display
In addition to that, there's a BOGO50% sale on all Maybelline products this week.
The retail price of my purchase? $28 (before tax).
What did I spend? $12.40 (also before tax).
Yeeeah, that number definitely looked a lot prettier on the screen than $28!
I'm going to return WnW Lagoon, though, since I mistakenly thought that WnW was BOGO50%... They hadn't removed the sticker from last week yet, haha, and I wanted to make sure I hit $10. I'd keep it if it weren't a bright blue. I really don't need more blues. x.x
Part of me kind of wants to keep it, though, just to try out the new coloricon line. I would've gone for Kitten, actually, except I just got Goddess from the old WnW singles collection last week. They look very similar, (purple base, gold shimmer) so I can't justify it. I'm trying to cut back on buying new things by telling myself to only get colors I don't already have... which is pretty much every cool color by now. XD;;; At least that part of the plan is working, haha.
Anyway, I may have a special-ish post coming up. :) Please be on the look out!