Friday, March 25, 2011

Sleek Spring Collection: Avoir la pêche


I was checking my email this morning when I saw Sleek's spread for their new spring collection, titled "Avoir la pêche." It's French for "having the peach," an idiom that expresses being in high spirits (or so Google tells me, LOL). It's also a clever marketing pun since, as you can see, everything in this collection is peach-themed, so if you were to buy any of it, you would indeed be "having the peach." XD

In any case, I wanted to share this because a) the promo pic looks beautiful, and even though I just said one post ago that I don't like warm-toned make up, this image makes me want to rethink that statement yet again; and b) OMG THEY HAVE A BLUSH CALLED PAN TAO. HOW CUTE.

"Pan tao" is the Chinese name for the Saturn peach, which are native to cities in southern China. They're famous for both their sweet, juicy flavor and also their distinct, flat shape:


Adorable, am I right?? :D

So yes, I'm pretty excited to see a blush named after these, mostly because... of the name... XD;;;;;; Yeah, I know, it's sad, but I'm attracted to product names the way some people are attracted to pretty packaging. x.x But at least in this case, the color is fitting and also pretty. :P

This collection also features a Pout Polish in Sugar May, which looks like a peachy coral, and an iDivine palette in Paraguaya. Based on precedence, I'm guessing that the palette, at least, will be limited edition, though I'm not positive.

Worth the shipping for the haul? What do you think?

No comments: